Fees and Financial Aid
Tuition for the Bachelor of Professional Studies degree is a flat fee of $390 per credit beginning fall semester 2012. Tuition rates are subject to an annual increase. Rates for the 2013-2014 academic year will be posted following approval at the July 2013 UW System Board of Regents meeting. All courses are three credits. There are no additional course or program fees. For example, a three-credit course will cost $1,170 (three credits X $390 per credit). Textbooks and software (if needed) are purchased separately and are not included in the credit tuition cost.
Contact the UW-Eau Claire Business Services Office for fee payment details.
Financial aid may be available to you. Contact the UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid Office for details.
Even if you haven’t made a final decision regarding whether or not you will apply for the BPS program, you may want to consider filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with our office.
There may be other resources to help you pay for college as a returning adult student:
- Grants are awarded based on financial need and do not require repayment.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement or other criteria; financial need is sometimes taken into account. Scholarships do not require repayment.
- Loans are typically offered at low interest rates. Loans must be repaid, usually after a student leaves school.
- Tuition reimbursement is offered by many companies to their employees. Check with your Human Resources Department.
- Military benefits are available to qualifying veterans and those currently serving.
- Education tax benefits may be available to you. Talk to your financial adviser about possible tax benefits.
- Private loans are available in addition to federal grants and loans.